STRATO Facts & Figures
- Industry: Web hosting
- Product portfolio: Online storage, domains, all-inclusive hosting packages, ready-to-use blogs, homepage and multimedia packages, eCommerce, virtual and dedicated servers, hosted applications (e.g. Windows products), and software-as-a-service for business customers
- Scale: Europe's second-largest web host, 4 million domains, around 1.4 million customer contracts, over 50,000 servers, more than 25,000 online shops, and over 500 employees
- Markets: German, Spain, the Netherlands, United Kingdom, France, Italy
- Headquarters: Berlin, established 1997, subsidiary of Magnum
- Data centres: ISO 27001-certified high-performance data centres in Berlin and Karlsruhe, and since 1 January, 2008 are operated 100% carbon-neutral through renewable energy
STRATO simplifies active Internet participation - for newcomers, professionals, and businesses
Content creation over the Internet is growing. -personal users are publishing photos, videos, and text in communities and on blogs, forums, and websites. Professional users are also profiting from new forms of collaboration, enhanced by the fact that data and applications are now online and accessible everywhere. Increasingly internet users are also storing their personal files - such as photos, music and text documents on secure online platforms.
STRATO is a major driver in this growing active online participation, for both individual and business users. STRATO's innovative products allow customers to actively shape their online experience: products include personal web addresses, user-friendly web packages for blogs, photo and multimedia albums, a site-builder, homepage packages, and servers for advanced users. For corporate users STRATO offers professional servers, webshops, hosted Windows applications, and enterprise software. In addition personal and business customers can take advantage of online hard-drives that are both secure and fully available wherever there is Internet access.
Certified high-performance, carbon-neutral data centres and high quality standards
All data is stored in our two high-performance, TÜV-certified (conforming to ISO 27001) data centres located in Europe. This strict TÜV certification is regarded as the "golden standard" by banks, insurance companies, and health insurance providers.
Environmentally speaking, STRATO has been following a green IT strategy for many years. Beginning with extensive energy conservation measures, STRATO switched to renewable energy for its data centres, which have been running carbon-neutral since 2008.
STRATO is also leading the way in customer service. STRATO has been approved for the T&ÜV's MS Service Quality standard, which is fully integrated and implemented in the company's Berlin headquarters. This immediate proximity to product development and to management ensures both top class customer care and quick assimilation of customer feedback into new products.